I’ve been focusing on writing lately, so I’m late to post this, but better late than never!
My events in September:
Here’s what I noticed this month:
- Project completed! As I said, I am late to publish my thesis this month because I was working hard to finish my latest draft WIP and I promised myself that I would focus on writing and not publish anything until I was done!
- Stress in the school year- Not mine, but Danielle (which is transmitted to me in various ways, let’s face it). The swimming season is insanely busy – they train 9 times a week (3 days early in the morning) and afternoon exercises) as well as 2 or 3 dry ground (weight room). Combine this with 5 AP classes, an after-school advanced level choir, and college application time, and her life is pretty dry. I try to help her in every way possible and eventually stay with her until she finishes her homework. I think it will be easier for both of us when the swim ends (although she likes it).
Features and discussions:
2021 September. Discussion challenge reference and gifts
It’s time for the Cybils Awards: I’m a first-round poetry judge!
2021 September. Monthly Completion Binding and Gifts
The progress of my reading in 2021.
I’m reading 8 books in august. tied me up 79 books so far this year. I still have 3 books right now to reach my Goodreads goal of 100. Since I’ve been focusing on writing lately, I don’t think it’s too bad.
I still am 9 manuscripts read years.
2021 September Reviews
- The squirrel is bad by Stephan Pastis Overview
- Witches’ Pier by Sasha Peyton Smith | Overview
- Midnight Library by Matt Haig Overview
- Updates by Marissa Meyer Overview
- Archaeological enemies by Marissa Meyer Overview
- Supernova by Marissa Meyer Overview
- Direct days at Willowweep Manor by Shaenon K. Garrity | Overview
September’s best group:
(The best of the pile is Cocoon of Books. We link your favorite readings of the month!)
Because I reviewed so few books in September, I pick only one favorite, Midnight Library. This book definitely matched the hustle and bustle!
2021 Goal Progress:
The challenge of the debate is my only goal for 2021.
Progress: 6 / 21-30 Debate (Chatty Kathy)
The only “discussion” I posted this month was my record of being a Cybils judge (it’s almost not a discussion, but I’m reading it.)
It’s time for the Cybils Awards: I’m the judge of the first round of poetry!
How to Create a Book Page Illustration | (And a look at mine!)
The joys of regular novels, graphic novels, and other very quick readings. Let’s discuss!
Balancing blog spending, making money, and all the moral dilemmas associated with it
I persecuted your good.
End of 2020 book survey (and year in charts!)
Biased reviews: is there such a thing?
MAINTENANCE / REGISTRATION REFERENCE- Feed your addiction to fiction and It starts at midnight
Remember to link the August end entries with the month summary. And take part in the gift!